Introducing the High Output version of MSD’s PRO 600 CDI 8-channel Capacitive Discharge Ignition Kit (8008-8HO). Replacing the extremely capable 8232 coils, the 8280 High Output Ignition Coils take this kit even further than the tried and true 8000-8 Pro 600 Kit. The 8280 coil has the goods to back up its aesthetics. With increased peak spark current, overall spark energy, and greater thermal efficiency, the 8280 is the perfect complement to the PRO 600 Ignition Box. Designed for coil-near-plug engine management systems such as Holley EFI, GM LS platforms, and most other EFI systems, the PRO 600 is also capable of easily converting any distributor type ignition into a coil-near-plug system.
When you’re making extreme cylinder pressure with boost or nitrous on an inductive coil-per-plug ignition, lack of spark energy means you’re leaving horsepower on the table. To answer this need, the ignition experts at MSD developed the PRO 600 CDI to provide unrivaled spark energy and dependability. The PRO 600 has built-in protection for accidental reverse battery connection, over temperature protection, and LED diagnostics that can identify an issue with individual coils should a problem arise. A programmable power setting allows racers to switch between 250 to 400 millijoule outputs, or the industry-leading output of 680 millijoules via an activation wire or software. What does this mean? Turn it down for the long haul and then set it to kill mode at the strip. This makes the PRO 600 ideal for a Drag Week style car and really any no-compromise vehicle.
- Eight outputs of up to 680 mJ of energy
- All necessary wiring harnesses included
- Continuous 600 mJ operation without risk of failure from overheating
- High-efficiency Alternating Current (AC) power delivery means less voltage draw from your battery or charging system
- Over 50 Kilovolts output voltage when used with MSD suggested coils
- Spark duration of greater than 300 microseconds
- 6 Volts minimum required for starting and running
- 12 Volts minimum required for 600 mJ opereation
- Maximum Operating Voltage 22V
- Direct Plugin to Holley EFI systems
- Compatible with most EFI systems, including 5V or 12V drivers
- Plug-in interface with MSD Power-Grid, Davis Profiler and OEM LS-style coil harness
- Reverse Battery Protection
- Protection against shorted or open coils, and over temperature
- Diagnostic LEDs help troubleshoot issues should they arise
- On the fly Power Output selection wire, selectable between low power and high power operation
- Fits most coil-per-plug engines up to eight cylinders (Including four and six cylinders)
- Additional CAN based features when used with Holley EFI – See addendum below
- Approved for NHRA Pro Mod Class
There are no reviews yet.